The San Mateo-Foster City School District this week announced the hiring of several new administrators for the upcoming 2012-13 school year.
The school district sent out a statement with background information on each of the new employees, which representatives say were selected after "an extensive application and selection process" that included parents, teachers and administrative officials.
- Laura Tran Phan, Chief Business Official – Ms. Phan comes to the district from the Alum Rock Unified School District in San Jose, where she was the Assistant Superintendent of Business Services.
- Heather Olsen, Director of Curriculum and Instruction – Dr. Olsen was previously the principal of Sunnybrae and Meadow Heights elementary schools.
- Sheila Spieller, Director of Human Resources – Ms. Spieller was the principal of Fiesta Gardens International School and previously the Coordinator of Categorical Programs.
- Paul Chun, Beresford Elementary School Principal – Mr. Chun comes to the district from the Cupertino Union School District, where he was principal of Lincoln Elementary School.
- Heather Gomez, Fiesta Gardens International School Interim Principal – Ms. Gomez was the assistant principal of Bowditch Middle School and was previously a teacher at San Mateo Park Elementary School.
- Suzi Riley, Horrall Elementary School Interim Principal – Ms. Riley was previously the Coordinator of Categorical Programs for the district and previously worked as a Literacy Coach and teacher at Brewer Island and Foster City elementary schools.
- Lorin Wilson, Sunnybrae Elementary School Interim Principal – Mr. Wilson was the assistant principal of The Bayside S.T.E.M. Academy and was previously a teacher at Abbott Middle School.
- Alicia Heneghan, Principal on Special Assignment for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) – Ms. Heneghan was the principal of Beresford Elementary and previously worked at George Hall Elementary as a literacy coach and teacher.
- Andrew Soliz, Administrator of Food Services – Mr. Soliz comes to the district from the San Leandro Unified School District, where he was the Executive Manager of Food and Nutrition Services.
- Karrie Passalacqua, Wellness Coordinator – Ms. Passalacqua was previously a teacher at College Park Elementary.
For hyperlocal news such as this wherever you go, follow us!