SamTrans is launching a program that will allow member organizations to find and borrow vehicles at reasonable rates.
The Peninsula Fleet Share Program, an 18-month pilot project, aims create more efficient use of vehicle capacity through a program that allows members to sign up for service, then search out the types and sizes of vehicles that meet their needs through an online registry.
The program is being funded through a combination of grant and matching funds.
Lending organizations can use the program to offset the costs of owning large shuttles and vans by renting them out through the fleet sharing service.
Renters benefit from rates that are substantially lower than commercial rental services.
New members will be able to sign up free of charge during the introductory period, which ends June 28.
To learn more about the program, visit www.peninsulafleetshare.com.
Get the latest news from San Mateo:
- Sign up for the San Mateo Patch daily newsletter
- Blog for San Mateo Patch
- "Like" San Mateo Patch on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @SanMateoPatch
Get the latest news from Foster City:
- Sign up for the Foster City Patch daily newsletter
- Blog for Foster City Patch
- "Like" Foster City Patch on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @FosterCityPatch