Following Gov. Brown’s proclamation of a drought emergency on Jan. 17, Cal Water issued a statement indicating that they are prepared to meet customer demand, and encourages customers to continue using water efficiently.
At this time, Cal Water does not plan to require water conservation and will continue to closely monitor the situation.
SEE: Cal Water’s official press release
Use water efficiently to reduce water usage in and around your home.
Provided below are simple tips you can do in and around your home to reduce water usage.
Cal Water offers free water conservation kits to residential customers and provides additional information and resources on its website.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth, washing your face, or while doing dishes and washing vegetables.
- Take shorter showers
- Use your dishwasher or washing machine for only full loads
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks
- Flush toilet only when necessary and don’t use as an ashtray or wastebasket
- Read your water meter – if there is a change in a short time period you may have a leak
- Water your lawn as needed and in the early part of the day
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and landscaping
- Use a broom, not a hose, to clean your driveway and sidewalk
Learn more about water conservation
Keep up with San Mateo Patch!