A man was injured in a shootout with three suspects who attempted to rob his San Mateo home late Wednesday night, police said at a news conference Thursday morning.
The resident, a 24-year-old man, suffered a non-life threatening injuries in the shooting that ensued after three suspects attempted a home invasion robbery, San Mateo Deputy Police Chief Mike Callagy told reporters.
Officers responded around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday to the 1500 block of Lodi Avenue and found the wounded man, police said.
Callagy said the three men had earlier entered the home in an attempted home invasion robbery, but the resident pulled out a firearm and a gun battle erupted inside the house.
The three suspects took off, and two later appeared at a San Jose hospital, police said.
One of them was dead upon arrival, and the other was hospitalized. A third suspect was taken into custody, police said.
Detectives believe the residence was targeted and are speaking with several witnesses.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the San Mateo police investigations bureau at 650-522-7650, the secret witness hotline at 650-522-7676. Individuals can also send an anonymous text to 650-262-3473.
Patch will update this story as more details become available.