Three residents of a San Mateo County trailer park were hospitalized on Monday night after being exposed to a pesticide, a city spokesman said.
The San Mateo County Sheriff's Office and the Redwood City Fire Department responded to Sequoia Trailer Park in North Fair Oaks after receiving a 911 call requesting medical aid at about 8:10 p.m., Redwood City spokesman Malcolm Smith said.
Two residents who had apparently been using a fogger to exterminate fleas were found inside their trailer in a cloud of pesticide, Smith said.
Those two residents and a neighbor were washed off and taken to a hospital to be treated for shortness of breath and eye irritation, Smith said.
At least one firefighter was also taken to a hospital as a precaution and later released, he said.
A hazardous materials team responded to the trailer park to monitor the situation.
No evacuations were necessary, according to the fire department. Fire officials reminded residents to fallow all written instructions when handling household chemicals.
Copyright © 2012 by Bay City News, Inc. -- Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.