.

Electrical Failure Causes Small House Fire on Maple Street

The blaze was reported just before 4 p.m. Saturday.

An electrical failure caused a fire in a single-family home Saturday  afternoon, according to the San Mateo Fire Department.

The fire at 600 Maple St. was reported just before 4 p.m., Battalion Chief Jim Comisky said.

The home's occupants and their dog were able to get out safely and call for help from a neighbor's house, he said.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire quickly, and the home's occupants will not need to vacate the house, Comisky said.

The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical failure, according to the battalion chief.

-- Bay City News

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »