A carbon monoxide leak that prompted the evacuation of the Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport hotel in Burlingame early Thursday morning was likely caused by a boiler leak, a fire chief said.
Firefighters were called to the hotel at 150 Anza Blvd. to test its air quality and evacuate guests around 1 a.m., Central County Fire Authority Chief Don Darnell said.
The carbon monoxide was traced to a boiler that feeds the hotel pool and a spa, Darnell said.
The unit was immediately shut down, and carbon monoxide levels dissipated, he said.
Ambulances were standing by at the scene, but no one was injured or required treatment, Darnell said.
Guests were able to return to their rooms shortly after 5 a.m., Embassy Suites General Manager Ernie Catanzaro said.
Crews remained at the hotel monitoring the air throughout the morning.
-- Bay City News