Black Friday is, in a word, overwhelming. The lines, the crowds, the deals, the stores, the parking lots, the people -- it's enough to make anyone stay home and opt to order holiday presents online.
But guess what -- you can put away your laptop, break out your sneakers and prepare to hit the stores and malls after all to take advantage of the amazing deals!
Patch has created the ultimate Black Friday 2012 guide that aims to help make your shopping experience on the Peninsula easier.
Here, we list which major stores are offering deals and what hours they will open for the nation's busiest shopping day of the year.
Chain stores with multiple Peninsula locations:
- Target: Opens 9 p.m. Nov. 22. Target's website is offering store specific maps for shoppers to download, with the locations of bargains marked on the map.
- Best Buy: Opens 12 a.m. Nov. 23. Click here for the best Black Friday deals at Best Buy. Times may vary for a specific store.
- Barnes and Noble: Opens 9 a.m. Nov. 23.
- Sports Authority: Opens 12 a.m. Nov. 23.
South San Francisco:
- Costco: 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Radio Shack : 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Serramonte Center : 12 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Kohl's : 8 a.m. to midnight
- The Shops at Tanforan : 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Gap : 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Banana Republic : 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Apple Store : 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Half Moon Bay
- Toque Blanche, a gourmet cooking store on Main St., will be holding specials throughout the day on Black Friday from 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Costco: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Costco Club members only)
- Big 5 Sporting Goods: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Stanford Shopping Center: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
BONUS: Click here to find out how you can win a free iPad at Hillsdale Shopping Center over Thanksgiving weekend!