UPDATE, JULY 9, 6 a.m.:
Thank you to all who uploaded photos of their adorable dogs and voted in the comments! to see which cutie-pie ended up the winner!
Is your dog cute or handsome enough for Patch stardom?
Today kicks off San Mateo Patch's new contest, "Who Has the Cutest Dog in San Mateo?"
Upload a photo of your four-legged best friend to this article, and in the caption be sure to add your name and your dog's name.
Then, readers can vote for the dog they think is the cutest in the comments.
What does the winner get? The winner can choose a gift card to one of two local, independent doggie businesses right here in San Mateo, to buy a reward for your winning pooch.
Choose from doggie spa and gift shop, or store for food, accessories and toys.
(By the way, if you're a fan of either store, show them some love by clicking on the links above to visit their listings in our Patch Directory to rate them and leave them a review! They will love you for it!)
BE SURE TO DIRECT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY to this article so they can vote for your dog, or enter their own!
OFFICIAL RULES, DEADLINES & INSTRUCTIONS:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 and older.
- To enter, click on "Upload Photos and Videos" above and add a photo of the dog you wish to enter. Be sure to include your name and your dog's name in the photo's caption.
- All entries must be received and votes must be logged by 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 5.
- You may enter each dog only once. If you have more than one dog you wish to enter, you may enter each dog once.
- Readers who wish to vote for their favorite dog should leave a comment in the comments section of this article naming the dog they wish to vote for. The winner will be determined by which dog receives the most votes. If there is a tie, the editors of San Mateo Patch will determine the winner.
- The owner of the winning dog will receive a $25 gift card to one of two local dog businesses - , 1923 S. El Camino Real in San Mateo; or , 24 41st Ave. in San Mateo. Or, the winner can choose to split the $25 amount between the two businesses if he or she chooses.
- See the complete Official Rules in the downloadable PDF document attached to this article, above.
Photo entries and voting in the comments section will be open through 5 p.m., Thursday, July 5, and the winner will be announced bright and early Monday, July 9!
(Although, here's a tip - upload your photo as soon as possible so you have the most time to receive votes by readers!)
Let the cuteness begin!
Want to receive the latest updates on the contest? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter below!