The San Mateo Public Library Foundation (SMPLF) is pleased to announce its newly formed Auxiliary Board, The Literary Society.
The Literary Society will work together with the SMPLF’s Board of Directors in support of the organization’s fundraising mission by offering their expertise in the conception, planning and execution of key foundation events.
A top priority is planning for the second annual Author’s Gala, featuring author Julie Powell scheduled for Saturday, May 4, 2013.
The Literary Society members are focused on ensuring that this event will build upon the impressive results of last year’s April event, drawing attention to the important place the library holds in our community.
The Literary Society co-chairs Michele Freed and Pam Casey are very excited about the new auxiliary.
“The Literary Society brings a level of experience and talent that will perfectly enhance the Foundation’s events and strengthen our fundraising efforts,” said co-chair Michele Freed. “Pam and I look forward to working with each and every one of the Literary Society Members.”
About the San Mateo Public Library Foundation
The San Mateo Public Library Foundation seeks private financial support from the community to ensure high-quality library services will always be available now and for future generations.
Our objectives are:
- Raise funds for the purchase of library materials and expanded collections. Support the library’s services to children and teens, literacy services, the biotech program and improved facilities.
- Support educational and promotional activities developed by the San Mateo Public Library.
- Support special projects at the request of the City Librarian including cultural events for the community.
Get the latest news from San Mateo:
- Sign up for the San Mateo Patch daily newsletter
- Blog for San Mateo Patch
- "Like" San Mateo Patch on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @SanMateoPatch